The General Non-point Source program offers landowners affordable financing for a variety of water quality projects.
Projects include but are not limited to:
- Landfill closure
- Remediation of storage tanks
- Restoration of wildlife habitat
- Stream bank stabilization
- Wetland flood prevention areas
Urban storm water quality best management practices are funded through a separate process.
Must be an owner of record or have long-term control of the property where the project is to be implemented.
- Loan amount can be up to 100% of the project costs
- Minimum loan of $5,000
- Loan terms can be up to 20 years
To apply contact Patti Cale-Finnegan with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources.